Are you a farmer or investor looking to add solar on a large property? The benefits of adding solar to your land will benefit not only the environment but also you financially. Contact Solar Chief for a free quote and evaluation.
Benefits to Agricultural Land Managers Include:
- Reduced electricity costs
- Diversification of the revenue stream
- Increased ability to install high-value, shad- resistant crops for new markets
- Marketing opportunity to sustainability-mindful audience
- Ability to maintain crop production during solar generation
- Allow for nutrient and land recharge of degraded lands.
Benefits to Solar Developers Include:
- Reduced installation costs – The use of previously tilled agricultural may prevent the need for expensive grading to flatten land to a usable level.
- Reduced upfront risk – Geotechnical risks can increase the cost of solar installation due to increased testing needs. Previously tilled agricultural land was identified as the “least risk option” during a series of surveys with solar installers.
- Reduced legal risk – By using previously disturbed land, solar installers can reduce the risk of up front litigation during the environmental review process.
- Potential increase PV performance – Vegetation under modules can contribute to lower soil temperatures and increase solar performance.