Our goal at Solar Chief is to make every customer feel prepared and fully educated about going solar. These tips do not have to be completed to receive a free quote or free site evaluation from Solar Chief! These are possible things that might need to be done before installation. Here are some helpful tips that will make the transition easy!
Collect Past Electrical Bills
- Help us get a better understanding of how much energy your home or business uses.
Make energy-saving upgrades to maximize efficiency before adding solar.
- Verify if doors and windows are sealed correctly
- Inspect your roof and attic for leaks
- Add additional insulation
- Install energy-saving smart thermostats (example: Nest)
- Replace your old bulbs with high-efficiency bulbs
- Invest in energy-smart power strips and timers for electronics.
- Replace air filters in air conditioning and heating systems, vents, and appliances.
Make Appointment with Accountant
- Speak with your accountant to understand the tax credits effect on your financial situation
Audit Your Roof
- When was your roof installed?
- What material is your roof made of?
- What condition is your roof?
- Solar panels can last for 25 years, so ensure your roof will it. It is more inexpensive to replace your roof before solar panels.
Remove Any Barriers
- remove anything that will be in the way of direct sunlight
- example: trim trees that create shading on roof